Friday 17 May 2013

My morning shake


Hey guys,

I thought I'd do a quick post on my morning milkshake as I have been asked a lot about the recipe and how to make it so this way it will be easy to follow. 

Firstly you need a good blender, mine is from Asda and was quite cheap. I think an electric blender is a lot easier than a handheld one. That way you can just leave it blending while you clean up the mess - that's what I do anyway. 



In my shake I like to use almond milk (250 ml) it is so good for you and tastes delicious also because of the diet I am on I'm not allowed dairy so this is a great alternative. 
The next ingredient is frozen raspberries (just a handful)  this just thickens it up and adds another great taste. There are lots of different berries you can use, blueberries tend to make the shake go a purple colour whereas the raspberries make it go pink! 
Then I add a banana (whole) it gives it an extra taste and also helps to thicken up the drink. 
The last thing I add is the juice plus shake powder which is the diet I am currently trying (Let me know if you'd like a post on this, or just more information) 



Once all the ingredients are added you just turn the blender on and let it work it's magic. I leave mine for about 3-4 minutes just because the frozen berries take a while to blend. 



Once blended it should be a lovely pinky colour. I make enough for two shakes as I have one for breakfast and one for lunch. They taste delicious and fill you up nicely until your next meal. If you are looking for a good diet I highly recommend juice plus, I can already see some changes! 

If you have any questions please ask 

Blender - Asda £16
Almond milk - Asda £1
Frozen raspberries - Asda £2




8 comments:

  1. Could you do more of those blogs? Like some good diet meals? Btw I love you♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely be trying this out as it just looks so delicious and I've never tried almond milk so I'll be using the same for my first attempt. Great post Lauren! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Almond milk is actually delicious I'm sure you will love it. Another great alternative is hazelnut milk :-)

      Delete
  3. Just bought everything :)) cant Wait to try it xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! Let me know how it turns out. Tag me in a picture if you have Instagram 😊😊 xx

      Delete
  4. Almond milk smells amazing great post ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :-) I love almond milk xx

      Delete